Recent Publications and Awards Sept 2017
Deirdre Loughridge Wins Kenshur Prize
Deirdre Loughridge has won the Kenshur Prize (awarded by Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences) for her book Haydn's Sunrise, Beethoven's Shadow: Audiovisual Culture and the Emergence of Musical Romanticism (U of Chicago, 2016).
RECENT BOOKS OF INTEREST
- Eisen, Cliff and Alan Davison, eds. Late Eighteenth-Century Music and Visual Culture. (Brepols, 2017)
- Pollens, Stewart. Bartolomeo Cristofori and the Invention of the Piano. (Cambridge University Press, 2017)
- Malina, János. "On the venues for and decline of the accademies at Esterháza in Haydn's time." Eighteenth-century music, 13, no. 2 (Sept 2016): 253-281.
- Meredith, William. "Conference Report: The Sixth New Beethoven Research Conference, November 2-3, 2016, Vancouver, Canada." The Beethoven Journal 31, no. 2 (Winter 2016): 83-86.
- Neuwirth, Markus; Giuggioli, Matteo. "Instrumentalmusik 'Neben' Haydn und Mozart: Analyse, Aufführungspraxis und Edition, Universität des Saarlandes, 18–19 February 2016." Eighteenth-century music, 13, no. 2 (Sept 2016): 340-343.
Hyland, Anne. Review of Formal functions in perspective: Essays on musical form from Haydn to Adorno. Music Analysis 36, no. 2 (July 2017): 257-267.
Sutcliffe, W. Dean. Review of Proksch, B. Reviving Haydn: New appreciations in the twentieth century. Journal of the American Musicological Society 70, no. 1 (Spring 2017): 257-261.